Saturday, February 8, 2014

Five For Friday and Valentines

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five For Friday!  Okay, so maybe it is Saturday, but my photos really are from Friday of this week!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Have you every made a diorama with your students?  My kindergarten kids absolutely loved making these!  I made the dioramas ahead of time, but they got to do all of the decorating!  This was the perfect way to wrap up our penguin unit, but you can use a diorama for anything!   They even make their own dioramas during free choice time!



 
We also needed to hang up some art for Valentine's day, since it is next week!  We made these fun little broken hearts!  We used Cray-Pas!  First they colored their hearts.  Then they flipped over the heart and drew 2-3 lines across the heart.  They cut on these lines.  The fun part ways putting the hearts back together.  To make the art more interesting, we left spaces between the pieces. 


 
 
I have been using this fun little Fix Up book in my classroom! My students are just beginning
to understand editing.  It is so cute!  They are always checking my work for mistakes! 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-February-Mini-Book-of-Editing-Practice-1090789


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete