Monday, July 18, 2011

Reading Corner Bench

So I like to get crafty in July.  I am going to use a safari theme in my classroom this year.  I made this fun bench to go in my reading corner.  The best part was, my husband did not have to do any of the work.  The wood was from Lowes and already the correct size.  The cement blocks just needed some black paint, and then zebra stripes.  I also have some black crates to cover and use as the storage/stools, as soon as I get my husband to cut some wood.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea! I may "steal" it! Also, you were the winner of my "Altoids tins" ideas giveaway! Yay! If you will send me your email, I will send you YOUR Target card!

    Color Me Happy in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the zebra stripes? I want to do my rocking chair in zebra stripes but I am not very crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! My mom use to make bookshelves for her classroom like this. How did you attach the blocks and wood so it doesn't fall off?

    ✿Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete