Friday, July 8, 2011

Looking for a NEW class pet


So last year I had a really cute (stuffed) leopard for our class pet.  He was a traveling pet and spent a weekend at everyone's home.  Each family took pictures Leo the Leopard and wrote in the journal telling all about Leo's adventure.  Leo was so fortunate to go all over the place.  He went to the football stadium, birthday parties, church, shopping, the zoo, dinners.  I have to say he was probably a favorite for my kindergarten students.  By the end of the year he was totally ready to retire.  I am on the lookout for a fresh, new pet.

2 comments:

  1. Again, I love this idea! My classroom theme is Godwin's Gorillas. I may do this with a gorilla. Did you have one journal that traveled with Leo? Or did they write in their individual journals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I have one binder that travels with my pet. At the beginning of the year he goes to my house so I put in a journal entry with pictures from my computer. This is the "sample" that will go home with the next kid. When the pet and journal come back on Monday, the child who had him gets to sit up front and hold him, while I read the journal entry. We hang that page up until the next one comes.

    ReplyDelete