Sunday, July 31, 2011

Caterpillar Numbers

Many of you probably do this already, but I just loved our daily number caterpillar last year.  I had to die cut 100 circles and have them laminated.  I did numbers 1-9 in light blue and each time I got to a ten, the circle was brown.  This made it really easy to count by 10's too.  One of our calendar jobs was to add a circle to the caterpillar.  At the beginning of the year I showed them how far it would grow across our classroom and they didn't believe me.  By the time we got to 100, they were amazed!  When we got to only 20 days left of school, we started counting backwards and removing the last 20 circles. 
This isn't the best picture, but it was the best I could do.

1 comment:

  1. I so love this! I just have the numbers (day in school) posted on a sentence strip and place a cutout of what theme we are doing under the number. Now I want to do this. So much more engaging than mine. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete